Price per oz.
Our Certified Organic Raw Cacao Paste Wafers (also known as Cacao Liquor) is made by crushing raw cacao beans into a liquid. This liquid quickly solidifies at room temperature and the result is Cacao Paste. Because no heat is used in this process, our Cacao Paste Wafers retains all its natural healing properties. Cacao paste is naturally about 55% cacao butter and is an extremely smooth product great for use in any chocolate recipe. If you are looking for true dark chocolate, this is it. Not 80% or 90%, but 100% pure organic cacao. No additives, sweeteners or anything else. This product is essential for true cacao chefs!
Cacao, 'the food of the gods' has been used for centuries to boost energy and enhance mood. With over 300 identifiable chemical compounds, cacao remains one of the most complex and pleasurable foods on the planet. In its raw form, cacao contains anandamide (a euphoric substance), arginine (a natural aphrodisiac), and tryptophan (a natural anti-depressant). By raising the neurotransmitters in our brain, cacao promotes an overall feeling of well being. In essence, raw chocolate makes you happy!
What's the Difference between Cacao and Cocoa? The official name of the chocolate tree is Theobroma Cacao. Some experts believe that over time the word "cacao" became Anglicized, and most likely through common error people started calling it "cocoa". Now, with the rebirth of old-style, artisanal chocolate there is a movement to reclaim the beans rightful name: cacao (pronounced Ka-Kow). Today, the two words are often used inter-changeably.
Raw Organic Cacao paste wafers are high in the mineral magnesium, essential for helping the heart to pump blood efficiently, building strong bones, and maintaining proper blood pressure. Cacao paste also contain one of the highest levels of antioxidants on the planet, exceeding that of red wine, green tea, and many other exotic fruits and vegetables. Recent scientific studies have shown that cacao boosts blood flow to the heart, brain and other organs and while having protective effects against heart disease. It has also been shown to be helpful in lowering blood glucose levels. Research from Germany also suggests that the flavanols in cacao may help maintain youthful, beautiful skin. Plus cacao is a good source of sulfur which promotes healthy skin, nails and hair.
Our 100% pure raw organic cacao paste wafers are a truly healthy chocolate and is perfect for creating healthy dark chocolate shavings for cakes or ice creams. Chip it into small pieces and mix with nuts, bananas and dates to create your own trail mix. Or make one-of-a-kind home-made healthy fudge! Turn your cravings for chocolate into super nutrition by reconnecting with the power of real chocolate. Try our Organic Raw Cacao Paste Wafers today!
Cacao and dark chocolate has been shown to have excellent antioxidant levels exceeding red wine, green tea, and other exotic fruits and vegetables. ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) values of dark chocolate (13,120 per 100 grams) exceed those of prunes (5,700), blueberries (2,400), strawberries (1,540) and spinach (1,260). But adding milk to chocolate does not help, in fact, it seems to block the activity of the phytochemicals responsible for the powerful antioxidant capacity of cacao.
Some possible benefits of our raw organic Cacao Paste Wafers / Liquor may include:
● Mood elevating properties
● Helpful for arteriosclerosis
● Natural aphrodisiac
● Dilating blood vessels
● Improving the cellular functioning of those cells lining blood vessels
● Super powerful antioxidant
● Boosting blood flow to the brain, heart, & other organs
● Supporting a healthy heart
● Lowering the oxidative stress of strenuous activities - thus helping athletes to recover
● Improving digestion
● Stimulating kidney & bowel function
● Can be used to combat skin problems including eczema, psoriasis & burns
● Supports a healthy cardiovascular system
● Strong stress reliever
● Relaxing muscles
● Increasing insulin sensitivity in healthy persons
● Helping build strong bones & teeth
● Containing more magnesium than any other food
● Lowers blood glucose levels
● Lowers the risk of hardening of the arteries
● Reduces free radicals throughout the body
● May be used to increase breast milk production
● Lowering bad LDL cholesterol while increasing good HDL cholesterol
● Endothelial function improved in overweight adults
● May be helpful in reducing additional neural damage in the case of a stroke
● Reducing blood pressure
● Promoting an overall feeling of euphoria & well being
● Helping to Maintain youthful, beautiful skin, hair, & nails
Suggested Use: To melt into recipes, gently warm in a double boiler then add vanilla and agave nectar to sweeten.
Botanical Name: Theobroma cacao
Other Names: Cocoa, Chocolate Tree, Koko, Kakaobaum, kakaw, kakao
Origin: Peru - Certified Organic